If your business has employees, facilities, or offices in Ontario, you must register using the Ontario Business Registry.
You will need a working email address for online registration and a valid debit or credit card for payment. The registration fee depends on the type of business you are registering.
- Search the Ontario Business Registry for free to find out if your business name is already taken.
- Create a ONe-key account (it is a secure login and password)
- Log in to your ONe-key account and register for a ServiceOntario account (they maintain business registration records)
- Log in to your ServiceOntario Account to register your business as a:
You can visit the Ontario Business Registry for a full list of ownership structures and their filing requirements.
- You will be registered for a 9-digit Ontario Business Identification Number (BIN) from Service Ontario. You will need this number to:
- create an import/export account
- register for an account with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA)
Please note, your Ontario Business Identification Number (BIN) from Service Ontario is different than a Business Number (BN) that is provided by the CRA.