Cornwall Ontario – The Eastern Ontario Health Unit has issued a number of guidelines to support local businesses and organizations as they adapt to the COVID-19 crisis.
The guidelines provide specific directives as they relate to customer interactions, crowd control, hygiene and disinfectant procedures, and how to screen and train employees.
As Ontario gradually relaxes the restrictions on workplaces, many business owners have worked to implement safety measures such as plexiglass barriers at cash registers as well as floor decals to help consumers maintain physical distances. As of Monday, a number of retailers have also been able to provide curbside pickup.
The guidelines can be found on the Eastern Ontario Health Unit website on a page called Information for Community Partners. You can find links to the guidelines below.
- Information for Community Partners
- Higher-Risk and Essential Occupations and Industries
- Schools and Child Care Centres
- Healthcare Providers
- Guidelines for Retailers Providing Access to the Place of Business Including Where Members of the Public are Served in Person
- Guidelines for Retailers Providing Curbside Pickup (No Entry Into Store)
- Guidelines for Businesses Providing Drive-Through Service
- Guidelines for Food Take-Out Premises
- Guidelines for the Operation of Community Gardens
- Multi-unit Residential Buildings and COVID-19
- Information for Volunteers
- Hand Hygiene and Infection Prevention Resources
The guidelines follow three recent Orders for businesses deemed essential, pursuant to section 22 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA). The Orders are part of the the Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s continuing effort to limit the number of cases of COVID-19 across the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, and the City of Cornwall.
More information can be found on the EOHU.ca website.
We summarize the latest news about the impacts of COVID-19 on Cornwall businesses on a daily basis. Click on the following link to view: