Cornwall Ontario – Small and medium sized companies may access up to $50,000 in funding to assist with international market development activities.
CanExport SMEs provides up to $50,000 to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) registered in Canada for international business development activities. The program helps develop export opportunities for products and services in new international markets.
- Gathering market intelligence (custom research, reports and studies)
- Applying for intellectual property protection in international markets
- Applying for certification in international markets
- Seeking expert legal and business advice
- Search Engine Optimization
- Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials
- Attending virtual trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
- Visits to foreign markets
- In-person participation at trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
- Participating in a trade mission
Eligible Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises must:
- be for-profit
- be an incorporated legal entity, limited liability partnership (LLP) or cooperative
- have a Canada Revenue Agency business number
- employ fewer than 500 full-time equivalent employees
- have $100,000 to $100 million in declared revenue in Canada during its past fiscal year
How to Apply
CanExport SMEs is a competitive program with limited funding. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once funds are fully allocated, the program no longer accepts applications for funding. Trends over the past 2 years have shown the program being fully committed by the fall.
CanExport SMEs is now accepting applications for fiscal year 2023-24 for projects starting April 1, 2023.
Please visit the CanExport SMEs Portal to apply!