Futurpreneur is a national charity providing pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help you start your own successful business.
Futurpreneur supports businesses of all kinds – skilled trades, technology, retail, services, and everything in between. Futurpreneur lends young entrepreneurs (18-39) up to $15,000 for their start-up. Additional financing may be available through their partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), where you can get up to an additional $30,000. Existing Futurpreneur applicants may also qualify for expansion funding up to $10,000.
Futurpreneur does not require security for its loans – they lend on character and a great business plan.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please visit the website at
How to Qualify
- You are 18 to 39 years old*
- You have a viable business plan
- Your business is new or under a year old
- Your business will be your full-time career
- You are eligible to work in Canada (work permit holders not eligible)
- You agree to work with a mentor for a minimum of 2 years
* If business partner(s) are over the age of 39, then the qualifying applicant must own 51% of the voting shares of the business.
Get Started Now!
- Go to Futurpreneur.ca “Entrepreneur” section – click “Locations”. Choose your local Community Partner (Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre). Click on “Click here to register as an Entrepreneur” – complete form and Save
- Enter username and password and click “Login” to complete the online application to apply for start-up financing and press Submit and Continue
- Contact the Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre to discuss your business plan, mentor-matching and next steps